Monday, August 30, 2010

Capital H, little h

Tis a sad day! Tonight Eli is going over his letter flash cards.  He is working on his vowels Ii, Ee, Uu - all short sounds.  A picture comes with each letter in order to help with recognition. Sherri was working with Eli and wanted him to say his vowels for me.
Eli said, Capital I, little i, I says "i" as in Indian. (No problem). Capital E, little e, E says "e" as in elephant. (no problem). Capital U, little u, U says "u" as in umbrella. (Red flag).  Up until now, Eli has always called an umbrella an underbrella - which is a much better word, if you ask me. I'm not liking that all of his special words are being replaced, one by one, with ordinary, everyday words.
Capital H, little h, H says "h" as in HATE! (that he is growing up)

No comments:

Post a Comment