Saturday, September 29, 2012

Road trip...

Well, traveling last night was...interesting. we made it to Baton Rouge (about 30 miles from my house) before the first "are we there yet(s)" started. Those continued until the first pleas for food and bathroom replaced them, with us stopping in Breaux Bridge at McDonald's. I get out of the car only to hear Eli say that he had taken off his shoes (just moments before leaving) and had forgotten to 
put them back on. Luckily, I was a boy scout and packed him an extra pair. After getting a happy meal from our bathroom host, we were off. Now the toy provided in the kids meal that Eli got was a pair of vampire teeth -which out of no where, Eli clamped them down on my neck, causing slight alarm on my part and a lecture on why we do not disturb the driver. At the end of my eloquent speech and an open floor for questions, Eli sighed and asked, " Are we there yet?". By the time we reached Lake Charles, Eli had cleared off the back seat of the collection of necessary toys that we had to bring (resembling an aisle of Toys are Us) for the trip, so he could lay down. Upon reaching Texas, Eli was like a cat in a kennel full of dogs. He was ready to get out of the car...nothing was making him happy...not even the hot fudge Sunday that I got from another McDonald's because the plain hamburger with NOTHING but ketchup was discovered to be plain with NOTHING so I had to get ketchup. He hated the Sunday because it wasn't chocolate and the chocolate that it did have was hard and didn't mix with the ice cream...the complaints were coming fast and furiously, when my mom quietly said...we could put him on the roof like Mitt Romney did to his dog.
Eventually Eli fell asleep, we arrived at my cousins...and this morning at 6:00, all is well...until I tell him that its raining and we may not be going to a pumpkin patch this morning!