Thursday, July 26, 2012

the best day ever!

Tonight is the best night! Eli came and got in bed with Sherri and I ( Sherri is already asleep). I had asked her a question and Eli said that it was just him and me talking. I said "oh!" in reply and he said that we could talk. I said, "ok, what do you want to talk about"? That's when he said, "Dad, I'm afraid of dying one day." I told him that everyone will die one day, but I'm not afraid to die 
because I know what happens next. I told him that I wanted to live a very long time and hold his babies on my lap and play with them...but, I'm not afraid to die when the time comes. I told him that he didn't have to be scared either...he just needed to ask Jesus to be his friend, to forgive him, and to invite him into his life and heart. We prayed a simple prayer and when asked where Jesus lives, Eli told me in his heart!
It was such a wonderful honor to pray with so many children in past years as they made a life long discussion and  tonight, I got to share my faith with my son and now we have this in common also!
God you are so wonderful!!