Thursday, April 12, 2012

the power of a train

For Easter Sherri gave me a Mexican train domino set complete with little plastic trains. Eli asked me to play with him and began pulling everything out of the box. I was trying to explain the game when Eli told me that that really wasn't how to play and he began telling me the REAL way.
In the game that Eli plays, you make train tracks out of the dominos with bridges and dead-ends and broken tracks. Every train has a super power and you try to win all of the trains. Example: the red train has fire power and the white train has ice power. The fire train can melt the ice train and you have to give up the white train. There is an exception to this rule: if I have the fire train and Eli somehow gets the white train ( which is rare) he knows the secret so that the ice can cool down the fire and then put it out, thus giving him control of the fire train. It's very hard playing against someone who knows the fleeting powers of the lesser trains. I always seem to loose when I play and much prefer to play against Sherri. I always win against her because of Nordic rules. Nordic rules state that a man can never loose against a woman unless he dies during the game and then it becomes a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment