Thursday, April 12, 2012

joker...joker...joker...

Today Sherri and I went with some friends to look at old doors for a project that we will be doing for them. The doors were in this shed like building and the gentleman who owned it had lots of old salvaged wood and iron pieces...it was very cramped inside and it was wet and drizzly when we got there.
As I was moving doors, I kept seeing spiders everywhere (not cool). Anyway, our friends purchased 8 doors and I helped carry them out - after inspecting them for spiders. When I left, I kept feeling like there were spiders on me and would get that kind of creepy shake that people get. I also felt VERY dirty and had to put germ-x on when we got to the car. I guess you get the picture now...the place was dirty, cramped and spider infested and I was in the middle of it and outside of my comfort zone.
Anyway, fast forward about an hour and Sherri and I made it home. Eli wanted to play dinosaurs ( a game where he is a meat eating dinosaur and I am a herb eating dinosaur and we battle - glorified wrestling). I threw him around a little, but I couldn't shake the yucky feeling so I told Eli that I was going to take a shower and we could play when I got out.
I turned on the water, undressed, got in, and I started to look for spiders being washed off of me. I kept thinking about the place when I heard Eli knock. I told him that I would be out in a little while and asked him to go watch some TV, then I went back to the scrubbing, disinfecting and de-spidering. about two minutes later the curtain pulled back and Eli roared/screamed then ran out. It was like one of those Psycho movie moments. I was deep in thought about scary things and then to have what appeared as a crazed midget coming after me...well, I screamed - like a girl (let's just say that I could do a voice over for Janet Leigh). I did. He scared me and I gave him the satisfaction that he needed. It was like the vortex of all my thoughts and concerns (some would call them fears) coming together in one place!
Why???
He tried a second time, but I was on to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment