Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Orchestral Manoeuvres...

Today Eli was packing up for school and I noticed that his bag was looking a bit fuller than normal ( much like an old world peddler, I assume...with the modern twist of zippers for easy access) so I had to check. When I opened it, he had packed our electric pencil sharpener. I asked why and he told me that his teacher's pencil sharpener had broken yesterday so he volunteered ours until it's fixed. As I kept digging down, he had packed a large Tupperware container filled with prisms for his class. I asked if we could put them in a smaller bag or something to save space, but he wouldn't hear of it...they might get squashed and break and then someone might be disappointed ( logical). At the bottom were four flattened toilet tissue rolls...flattened. I asked what they were for and he explained that they were needed for an art project and he was bringing extra in case someone forgot theirs...
I smiled and started thinking to myself how much I Iove that he thinks of others and watches out for them...(we are still working on including sisters - I'm sure that comes in time!)
My moment was gone when Eli informed me that we had to hurry and repack everything so that he wouldn't be late..."Dad", he said, " we need to hum that song that means to go faster...the one played by tubas and French horns". I told him that those weren't instruments that really sound fast in songs. He thought and then added, " oh...and violins!

No comments:

Post a Comment