Tuesday, October 7, 2014

it starts with a vision...

Another interesting trip to school with Eli. Today's topic was Christmas decor and what our theme would be this year! Eli started with a grand idea...he wants me to build a large box for our front yard and then the plan has him dressed up like a jack in the box, jumping out and throwing candy ( to the obvious throngs of men, women and children that will be stopped in front of our house in awe!) While I turn the crank dressed as a tin soldier. His plan also involves a real snowball fight between a large Jack Skeleton and some kids dressed up as elves...oh, and a choir of people singing Christmas songs...oh and dad, we need to find an ice ninja ( anyone have the number of a reasonably priced ice ninja?) For the roof
I had to stop him and ask how this all fits into my gingerbread house idea.
Well, he continued, gingerbread houses have candy and when I pop out of the box and throw candy people will understand...hey, I just got a really good idea. Dad you and I can dress up like gingerbread men and we could be a gingerbread family...but I still want to pop out of the box!
I'm not sure how I can pull all this off...choirs, ice ninjas, gingerbread families...elves...there's so much to do...auditions, building...rehearsals!
Sherri Harris has to let me start NOW in order for this to be all that Eli envisions...okay, so who wants to be it the choir? Ice ninja?

No comments:

Post a Comment