Friday, October 17, 2014

If I could save time in a bottle...

Have you ever had one of THOSE mornings? 
I woke up at a reasonable time this morning so I afforded myself the luxury of taking a hot shower ( and a little bit longer one because it's already getting cold in the house). I get out, dry off, dress...I just slip on my tennis shoes without socks because I have to take Ollie out for a walk...I put the cinnamon rolls in the oven...saddle up Ollie and notice that it's time for Eli to wake up. I've already pulled his clothes so I'm a step ahead. Ollie and I are gone for about 15 minutes and I'm feeling good about the day..until I notice that Eli hasn't gotten dressed...I wrangle him in and get him started in the dressing process. I feed Ollie and give her new water...cinnamon rolls ready!...start packing Eli's books...WHAT???? A whole page of homework that we missed!!! Eli begins moaning and complaining and trying to run away...I'm trying to help...and stay calm at the same time ( a difficult task at times when it comes to homework)...homework done...LUNCH!!! I'm trying to throw something together that at least has the appearance of being on the food chart...he ended up with nuked macaroni and cheese, some fake chicken nuggets (vegan nuggets) and some cheddar crackers....time to go...Eli doesn't have shoes...Eli doesn't know where his shoes are...panic...running around...one shoe found in one room, the other shoe found in another part of the house...shoes on...Eli states that he needs money for the book fair...BOOK FAIR??? I don't have time for the bank (Eli's school only takes cash...smart, except today!)...Eli has to brush his teeth...uggghhh...time is NOT on my side!!!...
I'm at work without socks! So glad that I have deodorant in my truck just in case I need a boost ( or forget to put it on like today) and I'm chewing gum, if that tells you anything...
Many may be asking...what about Sherri??? I am happy to report that as I was flying out of the house without socks, arms filled with Eli's things and pulling Eli along, she was getting out of the tub that she was soaking in...

No comments:

Post a Comment