Sunday, December 1, 2013

alien nation...

Sherri and I were painting tonight at a church in Loranger and Eli came with us. As we were working, Eli started talking and asked us very seriously ..Which one of you has alien blood? 
I responded with a...what? What was the question? Eli repeated the question again...Which one of you has alien blood? I offered that it must be Sherri Harris because I know I'm from Earth. Sherri was hard pressed to come up with proof that she was NOT an alien...it's not printed on your drivers license or anything like that. Finally she asked Eli...Did you mean, which of your parents has Indian blood? Eli said yes and Sherri claimed her heritage. Eli was happy to know that he was part Indian, but it was bitter sweet...his mother isn't an alien after all. It was sad for me too...having an alien for a wife definitely would have its advantages and it would explain so much.