Monday, June 24, 2013

Boy...Scouts!

So Eli has decided that he wants to be a boy scout...only it's his version of the boy scouts, which isn't the boy scouts at all. In Eli's version, I am his leader. I have to make up things for him to do in order to receive badges... These badges were once badges that we're given to him for participating in the Lowe's Build and Grow workshops. We have about 20 of them with different themes. Eli has renamed them all..there is one with a gingerbread man on it from a Christmas ornament decorating workshop that is now a cookie baking and decorating badge. There is one from mother's day that has been recycled into a badge for naming all of the plants in the yard with their scientific names....I even pulled out my old badges from boy scouts to add to the collection. I added cleaning up after yourself, mowing the lawn, helping around the house, and even suggested that one could be used for trying and eating new foods...Eli told me that he may not be ready for our boy scout adventure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment