Thursday, June 28, 2012

you my son must go on a quest...

Eli and I were watching Iron Man 2 and he said," Dad, before you die you are supposed to make a video for me and hide it so that I can find it later based on clues that you leave behind." I asked what is supposed to be in the video? He said that the kid is not supposed to know what's in the video but It's got to be cool and either explain something to him or lead him somewhere or help him find something.
I hope I don't make a lame video. It appears that it is extremely important what the video reveals...oh the pressure! What if what I reveal has already been revealed to him...Eli's standards and expectations are high and his knowledge vast. (Just today he told me he was ready to go to college)
Superman's dad made a really cool "death"video, complete with a viewing habitat. Iron Man's dad made a video for him and made something also...
I'm glad I found out now what the expectation is, I would hate to just leave an inheritance for him.