Wednesday, June 20, 2012

lions, and cheetahs, and ants...oh,my

Good morning from the time of 3AM. Eli has managed once again to have a wee morning adventure and has so graciously brought me along. 
This morning it is bugs! Eli woke up calling to me and claiming that there was a huge bug biting him - so I got up and checked. I found nothing. Then he claimed that he itched...everywhere! After his demands for me to scratch his back, I did notice two mosquito bites. I put some cort-aid on and that should have been the end of it. Not for Eli though. He decidedly that a bath was in order to get rid of the itches. When we pulled back the shower curtain there was a huge outdoor roach, so I was forced into combat mode. I used my WMD ( which consisted of a flip flip and a cup of very hot water from the sink.) I'm proud to say that there is one less roach in the world, 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 left to go ( give or take a hundred). After cleaning the tub and disinfecting it, Eli started taking his bath...still is right now...and our subject is bugs. Daddy why are there so many ants? I tried to explain that ants help break down things and they are really good for the environment. Then why do you try to kill them? Good question...I TRY, but I don't appear to be successful with this one. I bought ant poison and put it on the mound. Next day there are two mounds. Put the poison on two mounds...next day five. I think someone put confectioners sugar in my bottle! Anyway, I did explain that ants are good, but we don't want them in our yard. Then more questions came about roaches ( which I explained were good for nothing), and moths, and cheetahs and scary things...we get off subject very easily.
Eli dried off, got redressed, went back to bed and I went back to mine and...now he is in my bed because he can't sleep thinking about the bugs ...