Tuesday, May 29, 2012

those aren't saddlebags, those are fuel cells

Eli claims that he received his shots in the fuel cells in his legs. If you get " shot" in one fuel cell, you will still be alright, but to be " shot" in two fuels you are no longer able to walk. Guess what happened to Eli? He miraculously found pair of adult crutches to help him with his temporary paralysis. He has had to demonstrate everything that one can do on crutches - they really are an amazing apparatus, much like a trapeze. I did make an almost fatal mistake. I told Eli that he really didn't need crutches so he proceeded to show me what happens to those that are "shot" in the fuel cells. My child fell into a crumpled mass on the floor and for effect he asked if I could help him up. Once up, the amazing crutches were able to do their thing and Eli was mobile once again. 
There WAS a miracle tonight and it came by way of a small snail shell ( its usually the small things that bring on such things). Eli found the said snail shell and proceeded to come out of my room ( he is sleeping in my room because he couldn't get up the ladder to his bunk bed.). He asked me what it was and I told him that it was a snail, then he walked back to the room...without crutches (he came out without them also). Amazing! He is already on the mend...until the morning and he hears the call of the crutches.