Monday, September 19, 2011

Eli, Abraham, and Chuck


Tonight while I was putting Eli to bed, I read him a Bible story - about Abraham. We talked about how God told Abraham to move far away, how he was supposed to count the stars and sand and that would be how big his family would be, and how he was an old, old man when his son was born. What caught Eli's attention was the picture of an old man (Abraham) with a shepherds staff. I explained that his staff helped him walk, helped herd his animals, and could be used for protection. Eli's take on the story: So he was like a ninja and would beat up robbers along the way...oh and Daddy, he could do flips. I kissed him good night and left him to his dreams.
As I left his room, I thought - Hmmm, Chuck Norris as Abraham...

No comments:

Post a Comment